I really loved chocolate chip cookies during my time in America. However, they were unfortunately anything but vegan or sugar-free back then – let alone healthy.
So I thought, why not try a healthy version of the delicious chocolate chip cookies? And they taste extremely delicious. A super healthy alternative!
How To Prepare the Sweet Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
The recipe is once again very simple … because who does not like it simple?
First, prepare the flaxseed egg: You will need one tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Mix everything together and set aside.
The oats should be ground: put the oats in a blender and blend briefly on high speed, creating a kind of “flour”.
Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Now first mix all dry ingredients – except the Chocolate Chips. Then add all the liquid ingredients. Add the plantbased drink little by little and stir it in so that a creamy dough is formed. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Then you can form the cookies from 2 tablespoons of dough on the baking paper. The dough should make a total of about 8 cookies.
Finally, place the chocolate chip cookies in the oven for about 15 minutes. After the cookies have cooled down a bit, you can enjoy them!
The chocolate chip cookies are
Can I Substitute Ingredients?
Some ingredients can be replaced quite easily!
- You can also use any other nut puree instead of peanut butter.
- Instead of coconut blossom sugar you can use other sugar alternatives, for example agave syrup or date syrup is also great.
- Of course, you can use an egg instead of the vegan flaxseed egg.
- Instead of baking powder, baking soda can also be used well.
- You could easily replace the spelt flour with either another type of flour or more rolled oats, but you could also replace it with protein powder, for example.
Craving for More Chocolate?
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 60 g
- 2 tbsp. coconut blossom sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring organic vanilla
- 1 flaxseed egg
- 1 cup oats ground (80 g)
- 2 tbsp. spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. chocolate chips plain
- 6.8 fl. oz. vegetable drink 200 ml
- First, prepare the flaxseed egg: You will need 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Mix everything together and set aside.
- The oatmeal should be ground, that is, put the amount of oatmeal in a blender and mix briefly on high speed, creating a kind of “flour”.
- Preheat the oven to ~ 350 °F (180 °C).
- Now first mix all dry ingredients – except the Chocolate Chips.
- Then add all liquid ingredients. Add the vegetable drink little by little and stir it in so that a creamy dough is formed.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Then you can form the cookies on the baking paper with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time. The dough should make a total of about 8 cookies.
- Finally, place the chocolate chip cookies in the oven for about 15 minutes. After the cookies have cooled down a bit, you can enjoy them.
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.