Sweet potato brownies? That’s supposed to taste good? Oh yes, and how! Do you like juicy and chocolaty brownies, but they should be as healthy as possible? Then you’ve come to the right place. With a cup of coffee or a warm tea they can be eaten wonderfully as a snack.
They also have significantly fewer calories than conventional brownies, which can easily have the calories of an entire meal. But also as a dessert they are ideal. You should definitely give them a try!
Sweet Potato – a Versatile Tuber
Whether savory or sweet, sweet potatoes are versatile. Sweet potato puree, sweet potato soup, baked sweet potato or even crispy sweet potato fries from the oven: The variations seem to be countless. So today it’s time for the sweet version: sweet potato brownies.
Some Ingredients Can Also Be Substituted
By the way, you can also vary the ingredients very well. If you like it sweeter, take more coconut sugar, for example. Of course, you can also use other sugar alternatives such as maple syrup, date syrup or agave syrup.
If you don’t like peanut butter, you can of course substitute it for any nut butter or just leave it out altogether.
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
How Long Do the Sweet Potato Brownies Last?
The brownies will last for about 1 week in the refrigerator. Small tip: Let them rest overnight in the refrigerator so that they become firmer and much juicier.
How Do I Prepare the Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies?
First peel the sweet potato and cut it into coarse pieces.
Cover the sweet potato chunks with plenty of water in a pot and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes until soft. If you poke them with a fork and they are soft, they are good!
Now preheat the oven to ~ 350°F (180°C).
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Mash the soft sweet potato pieces with a fork.
Then grease an ovenproof loaf pan with coconut oil and pour the dough into it. Briefly smooth everything with a fork.
Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Tip: After you have taken the brownies out of the oven, they can still be very soft. It is therefore possible that the batter will stick to your fork if you prick the brownies while they are baking.
I would keep them in the fridge overnight, it makes them firmer and even juicier!
The sweet potato brownies are
If you liked the recipe, then leave me a comment. I’m also active on Instagram, feel free to check it out @healthydecisions.foodblog!
Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies
- 4.2 oz. sweet potato 120 g
- 1/2 pkt. baking powder
- 4.1 fl. oz. oat milk 120 ml
- 1.1 oz. coconut sugar 30 g
- 1.4 oz. peanut butter 40 g
- 1.8 oz. dark chocolate 50 g
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder 40 g
- coconut oil for greasing
- First, peel the sweet potato and cut into coarse pieces.
- Cover the sweet potato pieces with plenty of water in a pot and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Now preheat the oven to ~ 350°F (180°C).
- Now mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Using a fork, mash the soft sweet potato pieces.
- Now grease an ovenproof loaf pan with coconut oil and then pour the batter into it. Smooth everything out briefly with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Tip: I would keep them overnight in the refrigerator, so that they become firmer and even juicier!