The Shell Overnight Oats are a great option when it has to go fast in the morning. They can be prepared very well already the night before and in the morning just one grab in the refrigerator is enough!
They are also rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins, and vegan. A healthy “fast food” in fact.
How To Prepare the Shell Overnight Oats
First, put water and oat milk in a pot and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, mash half a banana on a plate with a fork.
Add rolled oats and mashed banana. Stir well until the oatmeal binds.
Pour the porridge into a bowl. Coarsely chop the dark chocolate and heat briefly in the microwave.
Then pour over the porridge. Now put everything – preferably overnight or for at least four hours – covered in the refrigerator.
When the chocolate coating is firm, the porridge can be taken out of the refrigerator. I topped it with the other half of the banana, a few cocoa nibs and peanut butter!
Banana: You can of course omit the banana. For the porridge I use half a banana to sweeten it a little, but you could also use date sweetener, maple syrup, rice syrup, etc..
Or you may not need any additional sweetener at all, in which case you can omit it altogether.
In addition, the other half of the banana can also be easily exchanged for another type of fruit as a topping. Here, for example, I like to use berries, such as blueberries or raspberries.
Oat milk: Of course, this is also interchangeable! About almond milk to coconut milk there are no limits.
Peanut butter: If you don’t like nut butters as much as I do, you might want to check this out: Healthy Nutella. This hazelnut cream also makes a great topping and is super yummy!
Cocoa nibs: Of course, these are also optional. Alternatively, you could use chocolate drops, for example.
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
The shell overnight oats are
More breakfast Ideas
- milkshake smoothie bowl with chocolate coating
- protein chocolate baked oats
- kinder country bowl
- fruity granola
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Shell Overnight Oats
For the Porridge
- 2/3 cup oats 50 g
- 1/2 banana
- 3.4 fl. oz. oat milk 100 ml
- 5.1 fl. oz. water 150 ml
- 0.5 oz. dark chocolate 15 g
- 1/2 banana
- peanut butter
- cocoa nibs
- First, put water and oat milk in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mash half a banana on a plate with a fork.
- Add oats and mashed banana. Stir well until the oatmeal binds.
- Pour the porridge into a bowl. Coarsely chop the dark chocolate and heat briefly in the microwave.
- Then pour it over the porridge. Now place everything – preferably overnight or for at least four hours – covered in the refrigerator.
- When the chocolate coating is firm, the porridge can be taken out of the refrigerator. I topped it with the other half of the banana, a few cocoa nibs and peanut butter!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.