This banana bread is probably the best banana bread I’ve ever made, and I’ve made quite a few banana breads! But this one is special: it’s so moist, flavorful and full of good healthy nutrients.
The bread has not lasted a day, it was already completely eaten by the entire family. Even when I baked it a second time it was extremely popular and eaten up the same day!
My banana bread is
How To Prepare the Juicy Banana Bread
Preheat the oven to ~ 390 °F (200 °C).
Optional: If you don’t have ground hazelnuts at home, just grind a few whole hazelnuts in the blender for about 5 seconds.
Mix the ground hazelnuts together with the dry ingredients (rolled oats, date sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon).
Now add the liquid ingredients: Eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, almond butter and apple pulp.
Mash two bananas on a plate with a fork and add. Mix everything well with a hand mixer. Roughly chop the dates and fold into the batter.
Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour in the batter.
Roughly chop some more dark chocolate and use it to decorate the dough. Take the last banana, cut in half lengthwise and also use to decorate the dough.
The banana bread is now baked in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Note: Both times my banana bread looked like it had been in the oven too long (it looked pretty dark brown), but then when I cooled it and tasted it, it was perfect.
It’s best to do the toothpick test and see if anything sticks to it – if not, you can take it out of the oven.
In addition, the dark chocolate makes the banana bread of course again visually darker!
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
What Ingredients Do I Use to Bake the Banana Bread and Which of Them Are Substitutable?
Dates: I personally almost always use soft dates. You can now find them in many supermarkets.
Alternatively, you can also take Medjool dates, if you have some. Before you fold them into the dough, you should remove the seeds and chop them coarsely.
Medjool dates are slightly larger than soft dates. They taste very intense, sweet and I love their caramel note. However, they are sometimes not so easy to get.
Dark chocolate: This serves as a decoration and gives the whole thing an extra sweet taste again.
I am personally an absolute fan of chocolate. Especially the dark dark chocolate has done it to me. The darker, the better – and is even a lot healthier than milk chocolate!
Of course, you can also omit the chocolate and decorate the banana bread with nuts, for example.
Rolled Oats: If you want to be 100% sure that your banana bread is also completely gluten-free, then I would recommend using gluten-free rolled oats.
Oatmeal does not naturally contain gluten, but it may have come into contact with it. If your food does not necessarily have to be gluten-free, you can also use spelt flour as an alternative.
Bananas: Here it is best to use very ripe bananas – the riper they are, the sweeter the finished banana bread will be.
What Else Can You Do With Bananas?
Here are some recipe ideas:
- Creamy Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Nicecream
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- Healthy Banana Bread Muffins
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Juicy Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts 70 g
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats 130 g
- 1.2 oz. date sweetener 35 g
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1.4 oz. dates 40 g
- 0.9 oz. dark chocolate 25 g
- 3/4 cup apple pulp 200 g
- Preheat the oven to ~ 390 °F (200 °C).
- Optional: If you don't have ground hazelnuts at home, simply grind a few whole hazelnuts in a blender for about 5 seconds.
- Mix the ground hazelnuts together with the dry ingredients (rolled oats, date sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon).
- Now add the liquid ingredients: Eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, almond paste and apple pulp.
- Mash two bananas on a plate with a fork and add them. Mix everything well with a hand mixer. Roughly chop the dates and fold into the batter.
- Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour in the batter.
- Roughly chop some more dark chocolate and use it to decorate the dough.
- Take the last banana, cut it in half lengthwise and also use it to decorate the dough.
- The banana bread is now baked in the oven for about 40 minutes.
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.