Healthy Banana Bread Muffins
Last Sunday I have baked once again. So this time it turned out to be healthy banana bread muffins. They are without sugar, super juicy & fluffy. Even my family was pretty convinced and that can be really hard to convince them of healthy eating!
Banana Bread as Muffins With a Chocolate Core – So Delicious!
There is also a chocolatey center inside the muffins, which makes them even more special and really extremely delicious.
The coconut oil made them very juicy. I had previously tested them without coconut oil: They were also very tasty and definitely had fewer calories, but were nowhere near as juicy as this version.
How To Prepare the Banana Bread Muffins Vegan
To make the muffins vegan, simply replace the egg with a flaxseed egg (pour 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed over 3 tablespoons of hot water, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes).
All other ingredients are already vegan. With the dark chocolate you should of course make sure that no milk was added!
The banana muffins are
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
How To Make the Banana Bread Muffins Easily Yourself
Preheat the oven to ~ 390°F (200°C). Remove the skin from the bananas and mash them with a fork on a plate.
Then roughly chop the nuts. Now put both the bananas and the nuts in a mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate). The coconut oil should have been previously melted in the microwave, for example.
Mix everything together into a dough.
Coat a muffin pan with coconut oil and pour about 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons (then they will be quite large, but also very pretty) into the muffin cups. Then put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
When you have taken the muffins out of the oven, you should let them cool briefly. Meanwhile, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave.
Use a spoon to dig a small hole in each muffin so that the melted chocolate can be poured into it. Then close the hole again with the spooned out piece of dough.
At the end, bake the banana bread muffins one more time for about 10 minutes. Done!
Feel Like Making More Banana Bread?
Then check out my recipe for a juicy vegan banana bread or would you prefer it to be chocolatey? Here you can find my chocolate banana bread.
If you liked the recipe, then leave me a comment. I am happy about any feedback!
Do you never want to miss a recipe again? Then follow me on Instagram, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Healthy Banana Bread Muffins
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 2/3 cup oats 50 g
- 1/2 cup spelt flour 50 g
- 0.5 fl. oz. vegetable drink 15 ml
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 oz. mixed nuts 30 g
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to ~ 390°F (200°C)
- Remove the skin from the bananas and mash them with a fork on a plate
- Then roughly chop the nuts
- Put the bananas and nuts in a mixing bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients – except the chocolate – as well (the coconut oil should have been melted beforehand, e.g. in the microwave)
- Mix everything to a dough
- Coat a muffin pan with coconut oil and pour about 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons into the muffin cups
- Bake muffins for 10 minutes
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool briefly. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave
- Now use a spoon to dig a small hole in the muffins so that the melted chocolate can be poured in there and then close again
- Bake the muffins for another 10 minutes. Done!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.