Christmas is just around the corner and once again the annual question arises: What do we eat at Christmas? I have here a delicious suggestion for a simple and fail-safe dessert.
This dessert will also taste your grandparents, because it is actually a recipe of my grandma. I visited her a few days ago and asked her about her delicious chocolate mousse recipe. She told me, of course, and I’m happy to share it with you.
My Grandma’s Chocolate Mousse – Only a Little Healthier!
Of course, it must be said, the ingredients was not quite according to my wishes and ideas, so I modified them a little and then tested the recipe again. And lo and behold, there was hardly any difference in taste!
What Exactly Have I Modified?
Rum replaced with rum flavoring: The original recipe even says cognac, however my grandma also likes to use a shot of rum in the chocolate cream.
I simply replaced it with rum flavoring, which I found at the supermarket around the corner. But of course you can also just add a shot of alcohol. I mean, it’s Christmas! 😉
Whipped cream replaced with vegan cream: And that worked surprisingly well. The vegan cream I have also discovered (new) in the supermarket around the corner. Simply whip with a hand mixer, just like “normal” whipped cream and it’s ready.
Vanilla sugar replaced with birch sugar and half a tablespoon of vanilla extract: No one needs vanilla sugar if they don’t want it. Just use the sweetener of your choice (birch sugar or date sweetener, still my top two favorites) and some vanilla extract!
How To Prepare the Fluffy Mousse au Chocolat
Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Then set aside so that it can cool a little.
Separate the two eggs and mix the two yolks with one to two tablespoons of birch sugar and about half a tablespoon of vanilla extract.
Now add the melted chocolate and rum flavoring and stir.
Now beat the two eggs with a hand mixer in a separate bowl until stiff. In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff.
Now first carefully fold the whipped cream into the chocolate-yolk mixture. Then also fold in the egg whites until it has become a uniform mass.
The mousse au chocolat can be eaten immediately. But you can also put it in the fridge for a while, then I personally like it even better!
The fluffy mousse au chocolat à la grandma is
More Dessert Ideas
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Fluffy Mousse au Chocolat à la Grandma
- 3.5 oz. dark chocolate 100 g
- 2 eggs
- 1 bottle of rum flavoring
- 1 cup vegan cream
- 1-2 tbsp. birch sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Then set aside so that it can cool a little.
- Separate the two eggs and mix the two egg yolks with one to two tablespoons of birch sugar and about half a tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Now add the melted chocolate and rum flavoring and mix.
- Now beat the two eggs with a hand mixer in a separate bowl until stiff. In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff.
- Now first carefully fold the whipped cream into the chocolate and egg yolk mixture. Then fold in the egg whites as well until it has become a uniform mixture.
- The chocolate mousse can be eaten immediately. You can also put it in the fridge for a while, then I personally like it even better!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.