Healthy Apple Cake
At the weekend, during my daily walk, I saw many apple and also pear trees with ripe apples and pears on them. Of course I had to take some with me, because it does not get fresher, right? This has cried out for an apple pie!
And let’s see, maybe I’ll bake another pear pie in the days – I’ve actually never baked that before.
And of course, I made the cake again as healthy as possible. This time I have kept it in a vegetarian version. However, if you prefer it vegan, you can actually replace the three eggs very well, for example, with flaxseed eggs.
Apart from the three eggs, however, the healthy apple pie is also purely plant-based.
How To Prepare the Healthy Apple Cake
Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C).
Place the margarine in a mixing bowl with the date sweetener and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy.
First, beat the three eggs in a separate smaller bowl. Then add them one at a time to the margarine-date-sweetener mixture and stir in.
Now follow the dry ingredients (spelt flour, baking powder, salt). First, mix these in another separate bowl. Then add to the dough and stir in with a hand mixer.
Also, add the vegan yogurt to the dough with a hand mixer. Stir until a uniform mass is formed.
Grease a cake pan (about 26 cm average) with margarine and add the dough.
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
Wash, peel, core, and cut the apples into wedges. Spread the apple slices on the dough.
The cake is now baked in the oven for about 50 minutes. Then cool and then it can be enjoyed!
Date sweetener: Anyone who has ever tried recipes of mine probably knows how much I love date sweeteners by now. However, there are so far (apparently) only in organic markets. You can of course also replace the date sweetener as always with a sweetener of your choice.
Spelt flour: Of course, you can also use gluten-free flour, e.g. you could grind gluten-free oat flakes and use them or simply a gluten-free flour.
Vegetable margarine: I know margarine isn’t exactly the healthiest thing you could have used in that case, but I think it does add a lot to the flavor (unfortunately).
You could replace it with coconut oil, for example. But no guarantee for that! If you try it, however, then I would be happy to know below in the comments if it worked!
The healthy apple cake is
More Delicious and Healthy Cakes
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, where I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Healthy Apple Cake
- 6 oz. vegetable margarine 170 g
- 2.8 oz. date sweetener 80 g
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 (9.5) cups (oz.) spelt flour 270 g
- 1 pkt. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4.2 oz. vegetable yogurt 120 g
- 3-4 apples
- Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C).
- Place the margarine in a mixing bowl with the date sweetener and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Beat the three eggs first in a separate smaller bowl. Then add them one at a time to the margarine and date sweetener mixture and beat them in.
- Now add the dry ingredients (spelt flour, baking powder, salt). Mix these first in another separate bowl. Then add to the batter and stir in with a hand mixer.
- Add the vegan yogurt to the batter also with a hand mixer. Mix until a uniform mixture is formed.
- Grease a cake pan (about 26 cm in diameter) with margarine and add the batter.
- Wash, peel, core and cut the apples into wedges. Spread the apple slices on the dough.
- Now bake the cake in the oven for about 50 minutes. After that cool down and then it can be enjoyed!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.