Have you ever tried blondies made from chickpeas? Sounds a bit strange at first, but you should definitely try it. It’s worth it! These chickpea blondies are gluten-free, vegan, and have no refined sugar at all. And they taste just fantastic!
Why Are Chickpeas Healthy?
Chickpeas have quite a lot of fiber and are therefore very good for the intestinal flora. They are also quite filling, keep blood sugar levels low and are even said to reduce the risk of developing obesity, diabetes or cancer. They are also rich in protein and vitamins.
If you buy them from a can, you should always make sure that you rinse them well before eating them, so that the foam is drawn away. Otherwise, it may cause digestive difficulties.
How To Prepare the Protein Blondies
Preheat the oven to ~ 350 °F (180 °C).
Pour chickpeas into a colander and rinse well under running water.
Put this in a blender along with the protein powder, some vanilla extract, peanut butter, date sweetener, a teaspoon of baking soda and the coconut oil. Blend everything well.
Now add two tablespoons of vegetable milk and blend again. The dough is very tough and firm!
Fold the chocolate drops into the batter. Grease a small baking pan with a little coconut oil. My baking dish was 7.5″ x 10″ (19 x 25 cm) and the dough filled half of the baking dish.
Now bake in the oven for 7 to 15 minutes, depending on the oven. When the dough is firm, you can take the blondies out of the oven and let them cool.
Cut into four pieces and enjoy!
Of course, as always, you can also exchange some ingredients. You never have to have 1:1 all ingredients at home. Here are some examples of what you could replace:
Date sweetener: Those who have tried some of my recipes before probably already know that I love to use date sweetener for baking. However, it is, unfortunately, more difficult to get than other sweeteners. I have seen them so far only in the organic market.
Of course, you could also easily replace the date sweetener with maple syrup, coconut blossom sugar or maybe try a ripe banana.
Protein powder: By now, many people probably already have protein powder at home. Of course, you do not have to use a neutral protein powder. For example, vanilla protein powder also fits well.
Or if you don’t have any at home, you can also use ground almonds or hazelnuts, for example.
Chocolate droplets: Again, you don’t necessarily need chocolate droplets. However, it should be something chocolatey. For example, I often use a bar of dark chocolate with a high cocoa content and then chop it into small pieces.
The protein blondies are
More Sweet and Vegan Snack Ideas
- vegan and sugar-free banana cake
- easy vegan cookies with dried apricots
- vegan snickers medjool dates
- vegan banana sushi
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
Wenn dir dieses Rezept gefällt, dann würden ich mich freuen, wenn du es auf Pinterest teilst!
- 2/3 (5.3) cup (oz.) chickpeas from the can (150 g)
- 1.2 oz. neutral protein powder vegan (35 g)
- vanilla extract
- 0.7 oz. peanut butter 20 g
- 1.1 oz. date sweetener 30 g
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1.4 oz. chocolate drops 40 g
- 1-2 tbsp. vegetable milk
- 0.4 oz. coconut oil 10 g
- Preheat the oven to ~ 350 °F (180 °C).
- Pour the chickpeas into a sieve and rinse well under running water.
- Put them in a blender together with the protein powder, some vanilla extract, peanut butter, date sweetener, a teaspoon of baking powder and the coconut oil. Blend everything well.
- Now add two tablespoons of plant milk and blend again. The dough is very chewy and firm!
- Fold the chocolate drops into the batter. Line a small baking pan with a little coconut oil. My baking dish was 7.5" x 10" (19 x 25 cm) and the batter filled half of the baking dish.
- Now bake in the oven for 7 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven. When the dough is firm, you can take the blondies out of the oven and let them cool.
- Cut into four pieces and enjoy!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.