How about a quinoa salad with roasted almonds and blackberries? Today I have this (almost too) simple basic quinoa recipe for you. I now prepare quinoa every week, because it is so versatile and easy to make.
I cook several portions for myself right away. In a airtight sealed container, quinoa can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days, which saves a lot of time.
By the way, on my blog there is already a quinoa recipe with baked sweet potatoes and zucchini. Hm, delicious!
There I also wrote you together, why quinoa is so healthy at all. It is always helpful to remember this.
But today there is the “raw” quinoa salad variant. I would say that this quinoa salad is even faster to prepare, especially if you have already cooked the quinoa like me.
How to Make the Quinoa Salad Yourself
First cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
Coarsely chop the almonds and fry them in a coated pan until golden brown.
Wash the vegetables and cut them into pieces.
For the dressing I made it very easy for myself as the whole recipe is very simple. And in addition, the salad is later mixed with the red beet hummus, then I personally do not need a big dressing. Mix 2 tablespoons of ponzu and 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar in a bowl.
Put the finished quinoa in a bowl, add the sliced vegetables and the almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa. Wash the blackberries and spread them on the salad.
I will link the recipe of red beet hummus here. Be sure to check it out, because the dip gives the salad that extra something!
I hope you liked the recipe and you try it. Enjoy your meal!
Quinoa Salad With Roasted Almonds and Blackberries
- ~ 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked (80g)
- 0.5 oz. almonds 15 g
- 2.6 oz. radish 75 g
- 1/2 paprika red
- 1 carrot
- 1.4 oz. red beet cooked (40 g)
- 2 tbsp. ponzu
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- First cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Coarsely chop the almonds and fry them in a coated pan until golden brown.
- Wash the vegetables and cut them into pieces.
- Dressing: Mix 2 tablespoons ponzu and 1 tablespoon apple vinegar in a bowl.
- Put the finished quinoa in a bowl, add the sliced vegetables and the almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa. Wash the blackberries and spread them on the salad.