How beautiful is the color of beet hummus? On the one hand it is nice to look at and on the other hand it is delicious & healthy. A delicious dip or spread!
Why Is Red Beet Actually Healthy?
Beetroot is rich in nitrate, which can lower blood pressure. The dye beet also has antioxidant properties. Beet can also inhibit inflammation and even improve performance in sports. In addition, beetroot is rich in iron as well as folic acid, which can be used against anemia.
How to Make Red Beet Hummus Yourself
Take the chickpeas out of the tin and put them in a sieve. Rinse thoroughly under water. Put the chick peas into a mixer together with the beetroot and 1 tbsp. tahini.
Add the chosen spices, I like to use:
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
Add a dash of water (first only 1-2 tablespoons before it gets too “wet”). Mix everything until creamy. If it is too dry, add another small shot of water and mix.
The red beet hummus also goes great with oven vegetables. Try it out together.
I hope you liked the recipe and maybe it will inspire you to try it yourself!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Red Beet Hummus
- 3/8 cup chick peas canned (100 g)
- 1.8 oz. red beet cooked (50 g)
- 1 tbsp. tahin sesame paste
- a shot of water
- salt & pepper
- Take the chickpeas out of the tin and put them in a sieve. Rinse thoroughly under water.
- Put the chick peas into a blender together with the red beet and 1 tablespoon of tahin sesame paste.
- Add the spices.
- Add a dash of water (first only 1-2 tablespoons before it gets too “wet”). Mix everything until creamy. If it is too dry, add another small shot of water and mix.
- Bon appetite!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.