These fluffy chocolate muffins are the healthier version to conventional unhealthy chocolate muffins. They are prepared in under 30 minutes and taste just fantastic – super juicy and very fluffy!
I’ll tell you how I made the muffins in this post.
Fluffy Chocolate Muffins – These Are the Ingredients You Need
The chocolate muffins are made exclusively from natural and healthy ingredients, which are also vegetarian. For the muffins you need the following ingredients:
What Ingredients Can I Substitute?
Banana: The banana provides a certain sweetness here. One of the most natural sweeteners you can get. If you don’t have a banana on hand, or if you just don’t like them that much, you can easily add a little more honey.
Greek yogurt: Here you can also use regular yogurt or a vegan version that is a little thicker. The thickness of the yogurt provides the recipe for the juiciness of the muffins.
Chocolate chips: You don’t necessarily need chocolate chips or anything like that. I also like to use a bar of dark chocolate and simply break it into smaller pieces.
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
How To Prepare the Fluffy Chocolate Muffins
Actually, the preparation of the muffins could hardly be easier, but that’s how I love it!
Preheat the oven to ~ 350 °F (180 °C).
To make six delicious muffins, first mash a banana with a fork on a plate. Set aside briefly.
Then put the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl: Flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, salt. Mix well.
Then follow with the liquid ingredients: Add yogurt, honey, coconut oil, and apple pulp to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
Beat the egg separately and add it as well. Now mix everything well with a whisk or fork until a homogeneous mass is formed.
Now fold in the chocolate chips. Then brush a muffin tin with a little coconut oil. Divide the mixture among six muffin cups with a tablespoon.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes and then let cool.
For How Long Do the Chocolate Muffins Stay Fresh?
If you keep them at room temperature, they will stay fresh for several days. In the refrigerator, they can be stored up to a week.
How Do I Store the Muffins?
The best way to store the muffins is in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How Can I Prepare the Muffins Vegan?
Yogurt: You can also easily replace the yogurt with a vegan version. Here, however, it is best to make sure that it is somewhat thicker, just like the Greek yogurt.
Honey: You can use agave syrup or rice syrup here, for example – but birch sugar is also good.
Egg: Either omit it completely or use a flaxseed egg. However, I have not yet tried both versions.
If you’ve tried a vegan version of the muffins, feel free to let me know in the comments.
More Delicious Muffin Ideas
- healthy plum muffins
- juicy vegan blueberry muffins
- vegan carrot cake muffins
- healthy banana bread muffins
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Fluffy Chocolate Muffins – Prepared in Under 30 Minutes
- 1 banana
- 3.5 oz. Greek yogurt 100 g
- 0.5 oz. honey 15 g
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2.1 oz. apple pulp 60 g
- 4.2 oz. flour 120 g
- 1.1 oz. baking cocoa 30 g
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1.6 oz. chocolate chips 45 g
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to ~ 350 °F (180 °C).
- For six delicious muffins, first mash a banana with a fork on a plate. Set aside briefly.
- Then add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl: Flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, salt. Mix well.
- Then follow with the liquid ingredients: Add yogurt, honey, coconut oil and apple pulp to the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg separately and add it as well. Now mix everything well with a whisk or a fork until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Now fold in the chocolate chips. Then coat a muffin tin with a little coconut oil. Divide the mixture among six muffin tins using a tablespoon.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes and then let cool.
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.