This vegan protein salad provides you with many important nutrients, requires minimal effort and is also super tasty! It’s best to have the quinoa already pre-cooked, then the recipe can be prepared in under five minutes.
Where Does the Protein Come From?
The protein comes from only plant-based sources. Chickpeas and kidney beans, as legumes, not only provide sufficient protein, but also have a high fiber content.
I like to use canned legumes. Here you should make sure that you rinse them well before eating. Simply put them in a sieve and rinse them under running water until the foam is gone.
Quinoa is also an excellent source of protein. 100 g uncooked quinoa contains about 16 g protein. In addition, the pseudocereal is naturally gluten-free.
I like to prepare it in larger quantities and then store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. It goes even faster that way!
I also added tempeh to the salad, which is currently probably one of my absolute favorite products. It is a fermented specialty, often from soy. Very good for your digestion and also very rich in protein. However, I have discovered tempeh so far only in organic markets.
By the way, the dressing also consists of other protein sources: Although tahini or sesame paste is a healthy source of fat, it also contains quite a bit of protein – 17 g of protein per 100 g.
Last but not least, I made sure the soy yogurt was a quark alternative, which means the consistency is thicker and the soy yogurt also contains a bit more protein.
How To Prepare the Vegan Protein Salad
If you have not yet precooked the quinoa, then cook it first according to package instructions for about 20 minutes. Again, rinse the quinoa under running water in a sieve beforehand (uncooked amount approx. 50 g).
Then wash the lettuce, chop it and put it on a deep plate. Wash the cucumber and the bell pepper before coring the bell pepper first and then cutting both into pieces. Then add the vegetables to the salad plate.
Take the kidney beans and chickpeas out of the can, wash them well and mix them with the vegetables on the plate as well.
Optional: Dice tempeh and add (tempeh can also be enjoyed very well “raw”).
For the dressing: Put soy yogurt, tahini, apple cider vinegar and spices of choice in a bowl and mix well.
When the quinoa has completely absorbed the water, you can remove it from the heat and add it to the salad plate as well.
Finally, all you have to do is pour the dressing over the salad!
The vegan protein salad is
Even More High Protein Recipes
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Vegan Protein Salad
- 3.5 oz. quinoa cooked (100 g)
- 1.8 oz. kidney beans 50 g
- 1.8 oz. chickpeas 50 g
- handful of lettuce
- 3.5 oz. cucumber 100 g
- 1/2 bell pepper red
- 1.8 oz. tempeh optional (50 g)
- 1.8 oz. soy yogurt 50 g
- 1 tsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- If you have not yet precooked the quinoa, then cook it first according to package instructions for about 20 minutes. Again, wash the quinoa in a sieve under running water (uncooked amount about 1.8 oz. (50 g)).
- Then wash the lettuce head, chop it and put it on a deep plate. Wash the cucumber and the bell pepper, before first removing the seeds from the bell pepper and then cutting both into pieces. Then add the vegetables to the salad plate as well.
- Take the kidney beans and chickpeas from the can, wash them well and mix them with the vegetables on the plate.
- Optional: dice tempeh and add (tempeh is also very good to enjoy "raw").
- For the dressing: put soy yogurt, tahini, apple cider vinegar and spices of choice in a bowl and mix well.
- Once the quinoa has completely absorbed the water, you can remove it from the heat and add it to the salad plate as well.
- Finally, just pour the dressing over the salad!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.