Who doesn’t know them? Protein bars in any form and variety. They have already arrived in most supermarkets and have been hyped on social media for years, so it’s hard to imagine life without these little snack bars.
Same with me. I love protein bars – or nut bars – of any kind as a snack. There’s probably not a week that goes by that I don’t snack on a bar.
Unfortunately, the small bars are not that cheap. Whether bought online or in the supermarket, they can be quite expensive.
Since the budget is limited, of course, I thought: Why not just do it yourself again? This not only saves a lot of money, but you also know exactly what’s in it.
Because not all bars are the same! In part, they can differ significantly from each other in terms of nutrients. Therefore, once again a plea to all: Always check the list of ingredients before something ends up in your shopping basket!
But now back to my homemade vegan protein bars!
Why Actually PROTEIN Bars?
I thought I would try my hand at vegan protein powder. For the bars I have used both pea and rice protein. But of course you can also use only one variety.
In general, I want to emphasize again that, in my opinion, you do not necessarily need protein powder in your diet. It can be a nice addition, but you can also do very well without it. So if you don’t have any at home, you could just use some more ground nuts or even oatmeal, for example.
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
But Now: How Do I Prepare the Vegan Protein Bars?
Combine all ingredients except chocolate in a bowl.
In the next step, I used a granola bar mold and spread the mixture evenly into the molds there. If you don’t have a mold, you can also spread the mixture evenly in a loaf pan, for example.
Now put the whole thing in the freezer for about half an hour.
Then melt the chocolate, for example in a microwave, and spread it evenly over the bars with a brush.
Again put in the freezer for half an hour. After the chocolate has dried, you can remove the bars from the mold or cut them into bars and enjoy!
The vegan protein bars should be stored in the refrigerator.
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Vegan Protein Bars With Almonds
- 1.4 oz. pea or rice protein 40 g
- 1.8 oz. ground almonds 50 g
- 1.5 fl. oz. vegetable drink 45 ml
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1.1 oz. dark chocolate 30 g
- 0.4 oz. peanut butter 10 g
- 1 tbsp. agave syrup
- Mix all ingredients except the chocolate in a bowl.
- In the next step, I used a granola bar mold and spread the mixture evenly into the molds there. If you do not have a mold, then you can also distribute the mass evenly in a loaf pan, for example.
- Now put the whole thing for about half an hour in the freezer.
- Then melt the chocolate, for example in a microwave, and spread it evenly over the bars with a brush.
- Again, place in the freezer for half an hour.
- After the chocolate has dried, you can remove the bars from the mold or cut them into bars and enjoy!
- The vegan protein bars should be stored in the refrigerator.
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.