Chili sin Carne is inexpensive, incredibly tasty, and can be prepared very well for the next day, which is probably a big plus, especially for people with stressful everyday lives.
You can find all the ingredients in your local grocery store. The recipe is quick to prepare and very versatile because you can vary the vegetables or add some rice.
How I prepared the recipe, you will learn in this post. Have fun reading!
Chili sin Carne – The Ingredients You Need
The vegetables: For my Chili sin Carne I used carrots, bell peppers, onion, and garlic cloves.
But you can also change the vegetables relatively arbitrarily or, for example, use celery instead of carrots. It’s up to you!
The spices: I am a total spice fan and therefore I always like to use plenty of spices. I would say that here chili powder may not be missing.
Paprika powder I also find quite crucial – salt & pepper may not be missing as a classic also.
From the can: Here it is important that you wash the kidney beans under running water beforehand. Wash them until there is no more foam – this way you avoid feeling bloated after eating.
Instead of chopped tomatoes, you can also use strained tomatoes, for example.
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
How To Prepare the Simple Chili sin Carne
Peel and finely chop the onion and the two cloves of garlic. Put aside briefly.
Wash the carrot and the bell pepper. Remove the seeds from the bell pepper. Now chop both into small pieces.
Heat oil in a pot. Then add the onion and cloves and fry briefly. Add the bell pepper and carrot as well and sauté.
After a short time, add spices and a tablespoon of tomato paste.
Free the kidney beans from their can and rinse with water. Get the corn out of the can as well.
Now add the kidney beans and corn to the pot. Add the tomato pieces and 3.4 fl. oz. (100 ml) of vegetable broth. Simmer everything on low heat for 20 minutes. Done!
The Chili sin Carne is
More Ideas for a Healthy Lunch
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Easy Chili sin Carne
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 can corn
- 10.6 oz. tomato pieces from the can (300 g)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3.4 fl. oz. vegetable broth 100 ml
- each 1 tsp. chili powder, oregano, cayenne bell pepper, red paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oil
- Peel and finely chop the onion and the two cloves of garlic. Set aside briefly.
- Wash the carrot and the bell bell pepper. Remove the seeds from the bell bell pepper. Now chop both into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pot. Then add the onion and cloves and sauté briefly. Add the bell bell pepper and carrot as well and sauté.
- After a short time, add spices as well as a tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Free the kidney beans from their can and rinse them with water. Take the corn out of the can as well.
- Now add the kidney beans and corn to the pot. Add the tomato pieces and 3.4 fl. oz. (100 ml) of vegetable stock. Simmer everything on low heat for 20 minutes. Done!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.