At the weekend, I had homemade vegan cheeseburgers in a long time again. I had completely forgotten how good homemade burgers can taste. In general, I have not had a burger for a fairly long time.
I usually treat myself to such a hearty burger when visiting restaurants, since they can be very diverse – even in the vegan or vegetarian version – they taste different in every restaurant and are definitely extremely filling.
Now that the restaurants have been closed for months, due to covid, I thought to myself this weekend: why not just make burgers myself again?
Since I prefer to eat fresh burger buns, I decided against a purchased version and chose to do it myself. So I know exactly what’s in it and in addition, the preparation of homemade burger buns is also very easy!
Vegan spelt burger buns – this is how you simply prepare them yourself
The recipe for the spelt burger buns is really simple and can be baked very quickly. It doesn’t require many or “fancy” ingredients that you might not have at home right now.
First, mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Heat the margarine briefly in the microwave and add it along with all the remaining liquid ingredients.
Knead the dough well. Then cover the bowl with a dampened towel and let it rise at room temperature for at least one to two hours.
After the dough has risen, you can now move on. Preheat the oven to ~ 430°F (220°C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Now form 4 balls from the dough and place them on the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. And done!
The vegan burger buns are
Do you love bread?
Then check out my recipe for a vegan soy yoghurt spelt bread. Super quick to make and just delicious!
If you liked the recipe, then leave me a comment. I am happy about any feedback!
You do not want to miss another recipe? Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Vegan Spelt Burger Buns
- 2 cups spelt flour 250 g
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1.7 fl. oz. vegetable drink 50 ml
- 3.4 fl. oz. water 100 ml
- 1 pkt. dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. agave syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine 40 g
- First, mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Briefly heat the margarine in the microwave and add it together with all the remaining liquid ingredients.
- Knead the dough well. Then cover the bowl with a dampened towel and let it rise at room temperature for at least one to two hours.
- After the dough has risen, you are ready to move on. Preheat the oven to ~ 430°F (220°C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Now form 4 balls from the dough and place them on the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. And done!
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.