When the temperatures drop and the sweaters become thicker and thicker, then it’s soup time again. Probably one of my favorite soups is the red lentil soup. It is creamy, aromatic and simply delicious!
Why Are Lentils Healthy?
Lentils have many nutritional values, are considered to be filling, despite their few calories, and have plenty of protein. They are also high in fiber, which means that the body digests them more slowly and the blood sugar level does not soar as fast.
In addition, they score points with many vitamins and minerals such as iron and magnesium. The iron content is particularly high. In addition, the risk of heart disease is said to be reduced by eating lentils.
Lentils Can Help You Lose Weight
Due to their high fiber content, they can prevent ravenous hunger attacks and thus help with weight loss. By the way, they swell up to almost double the amount when cooked, which means that even a small amount of lentils is enough to get by.
The red lentil soup is:
The Preparation of the Red Lentil Soup Is Simple
First dice the onions and peel the clove of garlic. In a (large) pot, steam it with 1 teaspoon of frying oil.
Then peel the carrots and potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Add them to the onions and garlic and let them steam for a short time.
Now wash the lentils well and put them into the pot.
After about 5 minutes you can add the tomato paste and deglaze with about 54 fl.oz. (1.6 liters) of vegetable broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
After you have seasoned the soup with spices, puree it. Finally you can season it slightly with spices to get the best taste. Done!
That’ s how fast you can make a delicious and healthy lentil soup that you can eat on the following days. Perfect!
If you liked the recipe, I would be happy about a comment.
Vegan Red Lentil Soup
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils 300 g
- 3 carrots
- 54 fl.oz. vegetable broth 1.6 l
- 4 potatoes
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. frying oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- pinch of pepper
- Peel and chop onions and garlic clove. Steam them in a (large) pot with 1 teaspoon of frying oil.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Add to the onions and garlic and steam briefly.
- Wash the lentils well and add them.
- After about 5 minutes add tomato paste and deglaze with about 54 fl.oz. (1.6 liters) of vegetable broth. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with spices.
- Now puree the soup and season again slightly with spices.