Vegan Moccachino Porridge
Porridge is my absolute favorite breakfast dish. It can be prepared in so many different ways that I just never get bored of it and since I really like sweets anyway, this breakfast is perfect.
I dared again to a new version: Porridge together with espresso / coffee makes a delicious Moccachino Porridge.
How I prepared the porridge, you will learn in this post.
The Moccachino Porridge is
How To Prepare the Moccachino Porridge
Put 3.4 fl. oz. (100 ml) of water with 4.1 fl. oz. (120 ml) of vegetable milk and a teaspoon of baking cocoa in a pot on the stove to heat. Then add the oatmeal and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Make an espresso (for example, with the help of a coffee machine).
When the porridge forms a uniform mass, remove the pot from the heat. Then add the espresso and the sweetener of your choice. Mix well and then pour into a breakfast bowl.
Prepare the remaining vegetable milk (1 fl. oz. / 30 ml) as milk foam (e.g. with the help of a milk frother). Pour over the porridge and sprinkle with a little baking cocoa (e.g. with the help of a fine-mesh sieve).
Your Moccachino Porridge is ready. Enjoy directly!
What Ingredients Can I Substitute?
Rolled oats: For those on a completely gluten-free diet, feel free to use gluten-free rolled oats here to make the recipe 100% gluten-free.
While oatmeal is gluten-free per se, it may have come into contact with gluten-containing foods during the manufacturing process.
Vegetable milk: Here I would definitely recommend a barista version, so that you can foam the milk well. You could also make a combination of both: 4.1 fl. oz. (120 ml) of vegetable milk, which is not foamable per se, e.g. almond milk, and the remaining 1 fl. oz. (30 ml) of barista milk.
Espresso: If you can’t make espresso because you don’t have a fully automatic coffee machine, for example, you can simply make coffee and then use about 1-1.4 fl. oz. (30-40 ml) in your porridge.
Sweetener: Of course you can also omit the sweetener. I would anyway first try whether the porridge tastes good without additional sweetener (always depends on which vegetable milk you use).
Otherwise, you could use a teaspoon of birch sugar, for example, or sweeten naturally, for example with dates or a few pieces of banana (the banana should be as ripe as possible, then it is sweetest), if you like that.
You Don’t Want To Miss a Recipe Anymore?
Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Vegan Moccachino Porridge
- 5.1 fl. oz. vegetable milk barista version (150 ml)
- 1 tsp. baking cocoa
- 1.8 oz. oats 50 g
- 1 espresso
- 1 tsp. sweetener of choice
- 3.4 fl. oz. water 100 ml
- Put 3.4 fl. oz. (100 ml) of water with 4.1 fl. oz. (120 ml) of vegetable milk and a teaspoon of baking cocoa in a pot on the stove to heat. Then add the oatmeal and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Make an espresso (e.g., using an automatic coffee maker). Alternatively, use 1-1.4 fl. oz. (30-40 ml) of coffee.
- When the porridge forms a uniform mass, remove the pot from the stove. Then add the espresso as well as the sweetener of choice. Mix well and then pour into a breakfast bowl.
- Prepare the remaining vegetable milk ( 1 fl. oz. / 30 ml) as milk froth (e.g. using a milk frother). Pour over the porridge and then sprinkle a little baking cocoa over it (e.g. with the help of a fine-mesh sieve).
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.