Bolognese in vegan? That surely takes hours or does not taste at all. With these prejudices will be cleared up today, because vegan bolognese can taste actually really good and does not have to take hours of preparation at all.
My vegan Bolognese is completely without tofu and tastes extremely delicious. Come and see for yourselves!
Ingredients for the Vegan Bolognese
You can actually vary the ingredients quite a bit. The vegetables can be varied very well, so it will never be boring.
For example, I have already cooked the bolognese with bell peppers, leek and parsnip. If you do not like pine nuts, then you can of course easily omit them. They could also be replaced by pumpkin seeds, nuts or olives.
With olives it also tastes very good, I have already tested it. Of course, the spices can be quite easily modified as well. Here I would say that everyone can choose freely anyway.
I like to use a little chili powder, paprika and rosemary, but in general I never skimp on spices!
How Long Does the Bolognese Stay Fresh?
The bolognese can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. I have also pre-cooked it many times. For this purpose it is also very good. Simply store in the refrigerator and reheat the next day. Works great!
Vegan Red Lentil Bolognese Without Tofu – How To Do It
Peel the onion and garlic clove and cut into small cubes.
Wash the vegetables under water and cut into coarse pieces. Either chop with the help of a food processor or chop yourself into small pieces with a knife.
You can decide for yourself whether you prefer it coarsely chopped or very finely chopped. However, I think it looks more like a “Bolognese” if the vegetables were chopped very small.
First, sauté the onion and garlic pieces in a pot in a little oil. Then add the finely chopped vegetables.
If you like you can also include a handful of herbs. I washed a little parsley and basil and added it. Let everything sauté briefly.
Rinse the red lentils under water and put them into the pot as well. Add the strained tomatoes, 6.8 fl. oz. (200 ml) of water and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
Now simmer everything for about 15–20 min (until the lentils have absorbed the liquid well). Stir regularly.
I’m also on Instagram
Posting healthy recipes regularly. Check it out!
While the Bolognese is simmering, the spaghetti can be cooked in salted water and the pine nuts can be toasted in a pan.
Now season the bolognese well. Drain the spaghetti and serve on a plate with the bolognese. Top the whole thing with the roasted pine nuts. Done!
The spaghetti with vegan red lentil bolognese without tofu are
Do you want to try it out for yourself? Then get on the stove, it’s worth it and is really easy to prepare. Let me know below in the comments if you liked the recipe.
You don’t want to miss a recipe? Then follow me on Instagram @healthydecisions.foodblog, there I regularly post new recipes and videos. Feel free to stop by!
Vegan Red Lentil Bolognese Without Tofu
- 1 carrot
- 5.3 oz. zucchini 150 g
- 5.3 oz. mushrooms 150 g
- 5.3 oz. celery root 150 g
- 1 onion
- 1 handful parsley and basil optional
- 6.8 fl. oz. water 200 ml
- 1/4 cup red lentils 50 g
- 10.6 oz. strained tomatoes 300 g
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- chili powder
- Peel the onion and garlic clove and cut into small cubes.
- Wash the vegetables under water and cut into coarse pieces. Either chop them with the help of a food processor or chop them into small pieces yourself with a knife.
- First, sauté the onion and garlic pieces in a pot in a little oil. Then add the finely chopped vegetables. If you like you can also add a handful of herbs. I washed some parsley and basil and added it. Sauté everything briefly.
- Rinse the red lentils under water and add them to the pot as well. Add the strained tomatoes, 6.8 fl. oz. (200 ml) of water and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Now let everything simmer for about 15–20 min (until the lentils have absorbed the liquid well). Stir regularly.
- While the Bolognese is simmering, you can cook the spaghetti in salted water and roast the pine nuts in a pan.
- Now season the Bolognese well. Drain the spaghetti and serve on a plate with the Bolognese. Top with the roasted pine nuts. Done!