Who does not know it, you come home from a long working day and you are totally hungry! Then it has to go fast, otherwise you could starve, of course. That’s why I have this very simple and fast recipe for you today. A warm and full meal, exactly what you need in this case.
This recipe also shows that you don’t always have to stand in the kitchen for hours or use a lot of ingredients to create a full meal. No, sometimes it can be quite simple.
Can You Exchange Ingredients?
Of course, the ingredients can also be changed at will. Depending on your mood and what the fridge can provide. If you don’t have rice at home, you can also use quinoa or couscous. The kidney beans can be easily replaced with chickpeas, for example. It’s the same with vegetables. So, nothing is a must!
The vegan kidney bean rice pan is
First peel the onion and cut it into small cubes. Then fry them in a pan.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package instructions.
Now wash the eggplant and the zucchini and cut them into pieces.
Add the vegetables to the onions. Sauté briefly. Then drain the kidney beans, take them out of the can and add them to the vegetables in the pan. Let everything sauté briefly.
Now pour the creamy coconut milk over the vegetables. Let everything simmer for about 10 minutes. What I also find especially important here are the spices. I think spices make a big difference in your food.
That’s why I always tend to season very well and also work with very different spices. Here fit well, for example:
Place the finished rice on a plate and pour the coconut milk and vegetable mixture over it. Done!
So, that’s it! I hope you enjoyed this simple and quick recipe and maybe you will try it yourself. Bon appetite!
If you like this recipe, I would be happy if you share it on Pinterest!
Vegan Kidney Bean Rice Pan
- 1/4 cup rice uncooked (50 g)
- 1/3 cup kidney beans canned (100 g)
- 1/2 cup eggplant 140 g
- 1/2 zucchini 140 g
- 1 red onion
- 3.5 fl.oz. creamy coconut milk 100 ml
- First peel the onion and cut it into small cubes. Then sauté them in a pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packing instruction.
- Now wash the eggplant and zucchini and cut them into pieces.
- Add the vegetables to the onions. Let them sauté for a short time. Then drain the kidney beans, take them out of the can and add them to the vegetables in the pan. Let everything sauté briefly.
- Now pour the creamy coconut milk over the vegetables. Let everything simmer for about 10 minutes. Season well!
- Put the finished rice on a plate and pour the coconut milk and vegetable mixture over it.
The links to products are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and make a purchase through this link, I get a commission from your purchase. This does not change the price for you.